With the blink of an eye the year is over and once again how many of us had a goal of losing 10 pounds, 15 pounds, 20 pounds but just didn’t quite get there?
Now with the new year upon us and the holidays just past, some of us dread losing last year’s unwanted pounds plus another 5 pounds from the holidays.
Five simple steps you can take now to get the pounds off fast:
- Invest in a good detox tea – one with milk thistle – drink it twice daily. Detox teas move high sugar and high fat foods through your system more efficiently and keep your liver, kidneys and bladder working optimally to eliminate toxins.
- Increase your fiber intake – the average American gets 6-8 grams of fiber daily and the average needed is 30-40 grams. Fiber speeds up your metabolism, reduces cholesterol and keeps foods moving.
- 4 servings of vegetables daily – The average American definitely doesn’t get enough veggies in their diet. Get creative, put them in your shake, eat a salad with each meal, grill, saute, steam, eat with hummus. There are lots of ways to get veggies in throughout the day.
- Incorporate a probiotic into your daily routine, which will assist your body’s metabolism and good bacteria making it easier for your body to digest the holiday goodies.
- Take time for yourself – Schedule in 10 to 60 minutes for yourself every day on your planner and fill that time doing something you love, enjoy or that brings you back to center, be it a bubble bath, a book you enjoy, catching up with a friend, massage, quiet time to just breathe and meditate, whatever it is, just take some space for you and own it.
You may be surprised by the results.